Two advertisements from Palestine:
The History behind these ads:
Carmel Winery – Was founded by Edmond James de Rothschild. First Rothshild vineyards were planted near Rishon LeZion In 1882. A second winery was established in Zikhron Ya’akov. In 1895 Carmel Wine Co. was formed to export wines of Rishon LeZion and Zikhron Ya’akov. In 1902 Carmel Mizrahi was founded in Palestine to market and distribute wines to the cities of the Ottoman Empire. In 1896, the first Carmel wines were presented at the International Exhibition of Berlin at a special pavilion devoted to the industries of the Jewish colony in Palestine. Rishon LeZion wines won a gold medal at the Paris World’s Fair in 1900. In 1906, both the vineyards and the management of the two wineries were deeded to the winegrowers, forming the “Societé Cooperative Vigneronne des Grandes Caves, Richon le Zion and Zikhron Jacob Ltd.”
Through the early decades of the 20th century the wine business bloomed. Branches of Carmel Wine Co., were opened in Damascus, Cairo, Beirut, Berlin, London, Warsaw and Alexandria, and sales increased, particularly during the First World War, when allied troops passed through Palestine. However, the businesses fell sharply when the war was over. The industry lost its principal markets in Russia due to the October Revolution, in the United States because of Prohibition, and in Egypt and the Middle East because of Arab nationalism who could not support buying wine from Jews.
Advertisement that Palestinian propagandist like to use to prove their rights to the land:
Unfortunately, for the Palestinian propagandist people who research about that ad finds that the airports that flights arrived to is:
Originally named “Wilhelma Airport”, was built in 1936, near the German Templer community during the British Mandate for Palestine, for military purposes. In 1943 It was renamed “RAF (Royal Air Force) Station Lydda”
During World War II it served as a major airfield for military air transport and aircraft ferry operations between military bases in Europe, Africa, the Middle East. The first civilian transatlantic route, New York City to Lydda Airport, was inaugurated by TWA (Trans World Airlines a major American airline that existed from 1930 until 2001) in 1946. The British gave up the airport at the end of April 1948.
During the Independence war, that Arab armies started to destroy Israel, Israel captured the cities of Lydda and Ramle, located on the road to Jerusalem, southeast of Tel Aviv. Ramle was one of the main obstacles blocking Jewish transportation. From the start of the war, Lydda and Ramle militiamen had attacked Jewish traffic on nearby roads the forces who fought Israel were the Jordanian Arabs.
After capturing the city from the Jordanians the Israelis changed the official of Lydda to Lod, the airport’s name became Lod Airport. Flights resumed on 24 November 1948. The airport’s name was changed from Lod to Ben Gurion International Airport in 1973 to honour Israel’s first Prime Minister, David Ben-Gurion, who died that year.
From 1920 until 1930, the airfield in Kalandia was the only airport in the British Mandate for Palestine. It was used by the British military authorities and prominent guests bound for Jerusalem. In 1931, the Mandatory government expropriated land from the Jewish village of Atarot to expand the airfield, in the process demolishing homes and uprooting fruit orchards. In 1936, the airport was opened for regular flights. The village of Atarot was captured and destroyed by the Jordanian Arab Legion during the 1948 Arab-Israeli War. From 1948 to the Six-Day War in June 1967, the airport was under Jordanian control, designated OJJR. Following the Six Day War, the Jerusalem airport was incorporated into the Jerusalem city municipal area and was designated LLJR. In the 1970s and early 1980s, Israel invested considerable resources in upgrading the airport and creating the infrastructure for a full-fledged international airport but the international aviation authorities, would not allow international flights to land there. Thus the airport was only used for domestic flights and charter flights. Due to security issues during the Second Intifada, the airport was closed to civilian air traffic in October 2000 and by July 2001 it was formally handed over to the Israel Defense Forces.
Gush Katif Airport was a small airfield in the Gaza Strip approximately 2 miles (3.2 km) north of the town of Khan Yunis, west of the former Israeli settlement of Ganei Tal, and named after the former Israeli settlement area of Gush Katif. As part of the unilateral disengagement of Israel from Gaza, Israeli settlers were evicted from the Gush Katif area in 2005. In 2004, the airfield was in a good state of repair. The runway was kept clear, and runway markings were maintained. Following the handover to the Palestinian authorities along with the rest of Gush Katif, the airstrip was no longer maintained. It became partially covered by sand. By 2014, it was clear from aerial imagery that expansion of UNRWA Khan Younis, including a sewage treatment plant constructed on the former runway threshold, made it entirely unusable.
Muqeible Airfield is an abandoned military airfield located in the northern West Bank, approximately 1 km southwest of the village of Muqeible, Israel and 3 km north of Jenin. The airfield was built in 1917 in the Ottoman District of Jerusalem (Ottoman Palestine) by the German Luftstreitkräfte. In 1918, after the Battle of Megiddo, the airport was used as a military airfield by the Royal Air Force, being designated RAF Muqeible. It was also used by the United States Army Air Force during the World War II North African Campaign. USAAF Ninth Air Force units were assigned to the airfield upon their initial arrival in the area, and once assembled were reassigned to combat airfields in Egypt to fly missions against the Axis forces in Western Egypt and Libya. After the war, the airfield appears to have been abandoned.
The only airport Arab Palestinians ever had was Yasser Arafat International Airport that was operated from November 24, 1998 for few years until Arabs started their intifida killing Israelis and IDF destroyed it.
Palestine Airways Plane:
Palestine Airways (also: Palestine Air Transport) was an airline founded by Jewish Zionist Pinhas Rutenberg in British Palestine, in conjunction with the Histadrut and the Jewish Agency. In 1937 the airline was taken over by British Government’s Air Ministry, with the intention of it eventually being transferred back into private hands. It operated from July 1937 until August 1940, under the aegis of the British corporation Imperial Airways.
Based in Haifa in July 1937 it commenced commercial flights 3 times a week to Lydda. This line operated for several months, but was discontinued when Arab hostilities worsened, and the danger to passengers travelling from Tel Aviv, the main Jewish population centre, to Lydda Airport through Arab majority territory overland, became too great. In October 1938 Palestinian Airways moved its main base to the newly built Tel Aviv Airport (in 1940 renamed Sde Dov) and commenced operations on the Tel Aviv to Haifa route, flying twice a day. The route was later extended from Haifa to Beirut. Palestine Airways ceased operations in August 1940 when its aircraft were taken over by the RAF for use in the war effort.
An advertising poster:
The Arab Palestinian airways was established on 1 January 1995 and started operations in June 1997, with series of charter flights carrying pilgrims to Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. The flights were operated from Port Said, in northern Egypt. Scheduled services began on 23 July 1997, operating from Arish to Jordan and Saudi Arabia. Palestinian Airlines transferred its base to Gaza following the opening of the airport in November 1998 and added a number of new routes in the region. The airline was grounded in October 2000 following the start of the Al-Aqsa Intifada, and moved to El Arish International Airport in December 2001 after the destruction of the airport in Gaza.